Mental Health First Aid Training
The Personal Growth and Counseling Center, a department within Health and Wellness Services, is pleased to announce a training opportunity for Mental Health First Aid. The course is free and open to students, staff, and faculty.
About Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is an interactive course designed to reduce stigma and increase early intervention. Upon completion of the 8-hour course, participants will establish skills to assess and intervene in crisis situations pertaining to anxiety, depression, suicide, substance abuse and psychosis.
Did You Know?
You are more likely to encounter a person in an emotional or mental health crisis than someone having a heart attack. 1 in 4 U.S. adults experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Certified Instructors: Jessica Flores, MFT and Gary Rodriguez, MPH, CPH
- 3 year certification and training manual provided
- Must pre-register online at pgcc.csumb.edu, open to first 25 who register (per session).
Registrants may choose from the following dates and must be able to attend the entire 8 hours for certification.
- Friday, September 19, 2014
- Friday, October 10, 2014
- Friday, November 14, 2014
- Friday, December 5, 2014
- All sessions scheduled: 8AM – 5PM and includes a lunch break 12PM- 1PM (lunch is not provided)
- Personal Growth and Counseling Center, Health and Wellness Services Building (80)
Sign Up For the Mental Health First Aid Course
Please email Jessica Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about these trainings.
*You must be logged in with your CSUMB account (i.e. my.csumb.edu) to access and complete the form.