Mental Health First Aid Training Announced for December 2013
The Personal Growth and Counseling Center, a department within Health and Wellness Services, is pleased to announce a training opportunity for Mental Health First Aid. The course is free and open to students, staff, and faculty.
About Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is an interactive course designed to reduce stigma and increase early intervention. Upon completion of the 8-hour course, participants will establish skills to assess and intervene in crisis situations pertaining to anxiety, depression, suicide, substance abuse and psychosis.
Did You Know?
You are more likely to encounter a person in an emotional or mental health crisis than someone having a heart attack. 1 in 4 U.S. adults experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Jessica Flores, MFT is a Certified Instructor for Mental Health First Aid and will administer training.
- 3 year certification and training manual provided
- Must pre-register online at pgcc.csumb.edu, open to first 25 who register
- Registrants must attend the entire training (i.e. both sessions)
- Session 1: Friday December 6, 2013 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Session 2: Friday December 13, 2013 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Personal Growth and Counseling Center, Health and Wellness Services Building (80)
Sign Up For the Mental Health First Aid Course
- REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED. Please email Jessica Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you'd like to be notified of future training dates.
*You must be logged in with your CSUMB account (i.e. my.csumb.edu) to access and complete the form.