Staff at the Counseling Center
- Individual Counseling
- Campus Chaplaincy & Spiritual Support
- Mental Health Screenings
- Confidentiality and Privacy Practices
- Staff at the Counseling Center
- Combined Destinies: Whites Sharing Grief about Racism
Interdisciplinary Professional Staff
About Our Staff
We are here to help you succeed academically and personally. We are fully committed to providing our students with the very best counseling, psychotherapy, and health education. Each staff member is a caring individual that brings their unique self to the clientele that they serve. Each staff member has undergone training in psychotherapy, theory, client-issues, and ethics.
Each of us, whether a professionally-trained counselor, social worker, therapist, psychiatrist, or health educator follows the professional ethics, laws, and guidelines that govern our respective discipline. Our counseling staff includes these different types of helping professionals:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educator
Our helping professionals are members of the following professional associations:
- American Counseling Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- Board of Behavioral Sciences
- American Public Health Association
To better their practice and ability to work with students, our staff engages in ongoing training which facilitates professional growth and development. Our staff is eager to learn about different issues, populations, fields, and intervention techniques that assist students to cope with their difficulties.
Ashleigh and Jessica at a training for Complex Trauma and Addictive Behaviors during Summer 2012.